Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Testing God

Many times I sit back and think about where I am and how I got there. I think about that a lot to be honest. One thing that I've learned about life...... Its always changing.

I wasnt brought up in the church; matter of fact my father used to tell us there was no God. My mother on the other hand told us there was a God and to serve him. I knew there was always a higher being I just didnt really know him personally.

Let me share a story on how I met the Lord.

I was a rebellious child. Yes I really was. My brother and sisters can attest that I was far from the Lord.

One day I was in my room and it was spring time. I had my windows open because it was hot and there was no breeze in sight. My mother was the type of mother who believed in opening windows for fresh air and so we wouldnt have to use our air conditioner.

That day in my room it was so hot and I believe I was yelling at my mom for something I cant remember. She said something about God and I said how he didnt exist. I slammed my door. Note now it was a hot day and there was no breeze coming in. I said to God if you are real and if you do exist send a breeze through my window.

At the time I had white lace curtains surrounding my window and it wasnt even 30 seconds later a breeze came through my windows and my white lace curtains were swinging left and right. I was shocked. I was around 12-13 years old and that was my first God experience. From that day on I knew there was a God.

I tested God and once I asked him to show me if he existed He did. From that day one I became a believer of God. Then my whole life would change...............

No comments:

Post a Comment